Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Flooring Update

I finally finished uncovering the original flooring I found in our foyer.  I am so excited to know that these floors run all throughout the first floor!  It will take a while to uncover them all but it will be all worth it in the end.  Come on in and see!

These floors are exactly what I wanted, but I had no clue they were already here, hiding underneath all that carpet and plywood!  This kind of character can't be bought! I am so thankful we discovered them!

As for restoring them, that was a lot of work! I'm no professional when it comes to this kind of work, but I knew I wanted to maintain the character and keep the rustic look and feel of the flooring.  I cleaned them with Murphy's Oil soap over and over until they were clean.  Next I lightly sanded them with sandpaper by hand to smooth them down a little.  The last thing I did was apply a coat of Rejuvenate in a satin finish and that's it.  It sounds simple, but the process took forever! So worth it in the end though to get these results!  I actually applied stain to some of the boards in the beginning, but quickly sanded it off when I realized they looked much better in their original state.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a BLESSED day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.